Today has been so very busy for me. I have been up and on the go since I woke up today at 9am. It was a day off from school but it was not a day for rest. In fact, I have been baking and getting things ready for today since yesterday evening when I made the chocolate ganache and Dorie’s Devil’s Food White-Out Cake… well, at least the cake portion of it.
This would be my blouse after all that chocolate.
Maybe I’m too used to having an apron on for class.
After making macaroni salad, sewing, making cupcakes, the frosting, assembling the cake and then going and making dinner, its understandable that I’m quite tired. I hurt but it all came out beautifully!
Certain anatomically correct cakes notwithstanding, I like to think I can make some very lovely cakes. I made 2- 8in layers and iced the inner layer and around the sides. I made the edges a little raised so I have a little well to place the pool of chocolate ganache. It was SO yummy. There are no words to describe the yumminess!
I just loved how the ganache would ooze down when the cake was sliced.
I used the leftover Icing from the cake but used my own vanilla cupcake recipe. Since I love how light and fluffy the cake comes out, I will share the recipe with y’all!
(makes approximately 2 dozen cupcakes)
– 11 1/2 tablespoons butter
– 1 1/4 cup sugar
– 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
– 4 egg yolks
– 1 1/4 cup flour
– 1/2 + 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
– 3/4 cup milk
– 4 egg whites
– pinch of salt
- Cream butter with sugar.
- Separate eggs and whip whites with the pinch of salt until they form soft peaks.
- Add yolks to the butter, blend in with vanilla.
- Alternate additions of milk with the flour.
- Fold in egg whites to the mixture.
- Fill cupcake molds to just 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 F for 20-25 min until tops are golden and the centers spring back to touch.