Since a few people have asked for a good gingerbread recipe to construct with, I will share the one we used. It was amazing to work with. Just roll it out to a quarter inch thickness on the parchment to cut out the shape. Leave the shape on the parchment and transfer the whole sheet to the cookie sheet.
(the amount we used made for 6 houses and then some because we had to bake up a whole bunch of spare parts. So I say to cut out a lot more of the same piece, just in case. I will post half the recipe of the one we made.)
– 28 oz butter
– 12oz brown sugar
– 12 oz by weight molasses ( 1 cup equivalent)
– 1 cup milk
– 32 oz bread flour
– 30oz all purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon ginger
– 1/2 teasoon salt
– 1/2 teasoon cloves
1. Cream butter and sugar together. Add milk and molasses.
2. Add dry ingredients. Mix until incorporated fully.
3. Bake at 375 until cookies are firm and a deeper golden shade. Approximately 35min.
4. Cool completely before using for construction. Best if kept in freezer once they have reached room temp.
Enjoy! Let me know how things come out if this recipe is used!