As Christmas day draws closer, so too does the day I spend making cookies. For, as most of you might know, this bombshell believes that it does not matter if she was naughty or nice when she can bribe Santa with cookies! Its a Christmas tradition to try and get a spot on my cookie list. I am a cookie Nazi. Get on my bad side and you get “No cookie for you!!!”.
So, my sis in law has reminded me of the diverse cookie recipes I have already posted on my blog. But I have a new discovery that I must add to my list.
Sugar cookies are simple and delightful treats. Whether you just dress them up with sprinkles or dare to make masterpieces with frosting, they are something quick and easy to make.
The following recipe I will share makes something like 12 dz cookies. So feel free to scale this up or down as required.
– 2 lb butter
– 2 1/2 lb sugar
– 4t salt
– 8 oz eggs ( about 4- 5 large eggs )
– 1 cup milk
– 4t vanilla
– 5lb all purpose flour
– 2 1/2 T baking powder
1. Cream butter and sugar. Blend in eggs, vanilla and milk slowly.
2. Mix in all dry ingredients. Dough should be soft but not sticky.
3. Roll into 6 logs. Wrap in saran if you choose to store and freeze. If not, alive into approximate ounce pieces and ball up.
4. Place on cookie sheet and flatten with palm or floured bottom of glass. Decorate with sprinkles, if so desired.
5. Bake 375F for 8-11 min until edges and bottoms are a light to medium golden brown.