So, I did not win. I think people have been a lot more heartbroken than me over this.
Seriously people, I’m doing just great!
And I have to say that it’s good to know that my family and I love this cake. We had an entire spare cake to eat! lol
RED VELVET CAKE makes 1 9″x3″ round cake
– 2 1/2 cups self-rising flour
– 1tsp baking soda
– 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
– 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
– 2 eggs, lightly beaten
– 1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
– 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 cup milk plus 1 tbsp lemon juice
– 2 tbsp red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 325F. Spray pan and place parchment round on bottom and grease pan again.
- Sift flour and baking soda.
- Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes the sugar, eggs, vinegar and oil until mixture is pale and fluffy.
- Slowly add the flour until just incorporated.
- Add milk slowly while beating on low speed.
- Fully incorporate food coloring and the pour out into pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool in pan 15minutes, running thin knife along edges.
- Turn out cake and allow to cool fully before icing with cream cheese frosting.
This recipe is a little different from the one I made here, but these little adjustments seem to really help with the consistency of the cake.